Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Friday 21 December 2012

From one harbour to another...

From picturesque, clean and friendly Roscoff to scruffy and down at heel Ilfracombe! What a contrast.
It is so sad to see what was once a smart and elegant seaside town so run down and unloved.
So why did we go there?
We had heard that Damien Hirst's 'Verity' had recently been errected there, so being in the vicinity we decided to have a look.
Not everyones cup of tea as a piece of art, but evidently drawing plenty of visitors.







At 20m high and placed at the entrance to the harbour, she must be a stunning sight from sea.
Hopefully she will herald a change in fortunes for Ilfracombe.

Lin xx

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, not sure whether I love it or hate it. It's certainly thought provoking.

    F x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is stunning! I'll have to find the other bronze statues that are just as thought provoking and do a post on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.