Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Friday 19 July 2013

Friday Night Sew In - in the afternoon!

Well, we are out tonight and I had a free afternoon with the added bonus of Test Match Special on the radio! (Sorry you Aussies are not doing so well!)

I decided to spend the afternoon making a present for my birthday stash using this gorgeous Egyptian style fabric that I bought in a sale earlier in the year.

My plan was a pair of placemats but as I was cutting I realised that the fabric was ideal for another friend so I cut enough for another mat.


I kept the design simple as I wanted to show off the gorgeous fabrics.


And at the end of the afternoon I have three mats pieced, layered up for quilting and bindings cut.


A profitable afternoon.

I hope everyone else enjoyed their evening and I look forward to see what everyone has done.

Bye for now.

Lin

13 comments:

  1. beautiful fabrics and they place mats show them off perfectly.
    love your previous pics of the caves. they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous fabric - what is the name/brand, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lin,

    I do love the fabric you are working on. Yes, it is a pity about the Aussie's.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are gorgeous! (I won't mention how we're going at the cricket!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty fabric, I'm sure the finished project will look just lovely! How productive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those fabrics and can't wait to see the completed mats. Just as well I was too tired to stay up and watch the cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha... you did have to rub it in about the cricket??????

    Those fabrics are just gorgeous... and you are putting them together beautifully to show them off...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very productive afternoon, lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes very sad about our Aussie's in the test, but
    maybe next time? Love your fabrics.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say for all I'm an Aussie citizen when it comes to the cricket I'm definitely a POM (arn't they doing well). A very productive afternoon Lyn - hope you had a lovely evening too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great afternoon indeed Lin - and much better result than the Aussies in the cricket!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what lovely fabrics! I like how you chose a simple design to showcase the wonderful fabrics. Have you decided how you're going to quilt them?
    Enjoy yourself,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.