Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Thursday 3 April 2014

'FOUND'

One of the nice things about a trip to UK is to be able to indulge in a little retail therapy, some of which can be done on-line before hand. This means that on my arrival a little pile of packages is waiting for me!

Last weekend one package contained this beautiful package!



And there were even a few extras


'Found' is a series of 12 stitched textile pieces by Stephanie Redfern featuring her favourite subjects - fossils, bones ,insects, geology and text.

Inside my envelope were 12 A5 cards each featuring one of Stephanies pieces.


The textiles are made from a variety of materials including fabric, paper, screen prints, digital prints, machine and hand stitch and beads.

Here are some of my favourites but they are all fascinating pieces that I have seen evolve on Stephanie's blog.




My macro lens has distorted the images a little - sorry about that.
+++

Last year you may remember me posting about Verity - Damien Hurst's statue in Ilfracombe. Well someone made a very kindly gesture on Tuesday morning!

Penny Clark took these photographs of Verity wearing leg warmers this morning.

Enjoy your day

Lin

4 comments:

  1. These are fascinating Lin , lucky you ! I will have to check out her blog ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards and I love the yarn bombing!

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now aren't you the lucky girl, what a gorgeous cards. I will have a look at her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin WOW I love Stephine Redferns work I have her book Stonebird. I did a essay in critical studies when I was doing my foundation course and she was one of the artist I wrote about she kindley replied to all my emails and answered lots of questions. Then I met her at the NEC what a lovely lady. Did you buy the post cards or win them ? Either way what lovely pieces of art you own X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.