Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 10 May 2016

It's EPP time again

Once again I am linking up with Anthea at Hibiscus Stitches on EPP Tuesday.

My two projects have moved on and my project folder is now complete.




The hexagons inside have all been stitched down. The Jenny of Elefantz stitchery inside is also complete. It is going to be the centre of a mini quilt and I will add little buttons to the centre of each flower when it is complete.

My table topper has all been pieced now


and hexies have been added and reversed to make a nice edge.


Now I just need to add the backing and batting and then some quilting.

In her post Anthea mentions a new EPP stitch along organised by Barbara Brackman.
 I am going to have a go at this and have my first papers cut - now I need to decide on some fabric! I am wondering if this could be a project for the pack of Kona solids I won a year or so ago. Will let you know next time.

Happy EPPing!  And thank you Anthea.

16 comments:

  1. lovely sewing Lin, that new hexagon project looks great fun and though I am tempted I don't think I can fit it in at the moment.

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Lin! Your project folder is just too cute. I want one too. Is there a place I could get the pattern? I love how you finished the inside too. Just gorgeous! I didn't know about Barbara organising an EPP stitch along. I have to go on her blog and check this out. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects! Such soft colros.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely EPP projects Lin. Love the little project folder x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects. I love the project folder. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the new sew along

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects all around and I always enjoy seeing your stitching. Your table topper is looking great and that's such a good idea to cover the edge that way for a neat finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the table topper, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous projects and your hexies caught my eye, so wondeful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, You sure have "Pieced Yourself Together". What a wonderful job. I love your folder and I'm looking forward to see what you make with Barbara Brackman, it is tempting to sign up to. Maybe we will meet there.
    Thank you for sharing your work, you really are a great inspirer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lin,

    Just love your hexie project holder, especially the quote on the front. Good luck with the BB project, it looks like a long term project.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful hexie journal, it´s so pretty, with lovely embroidery. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty project folder finish Lin... and the topper is going to be fab too... good on you having a go with the Barbara Brackman EPP, I look forward to seeing your progress with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your project folder is lovely. It would be a pleasure to use.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ps. I am still digging dandelions. they are overwhelming the grass and soon I would have no lawn left. But I do agree, they are pretty to look at. I have seen pictures of quilts from Japan featuring dandelions and they make it seem like the most cherished of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I commented on this - I must have gotten interrupted! I do love the Jenny stitchery, of course, but the two projects are just wonderful. I love the way you used the hexagons on the front of the top one. The striped one seems like fabrics Jenny herself might use. I've never seen hexagons used as an edging the way you did on your table topper - ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful hexagons....

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute projects...they all look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.