Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 22 October 2016

Friday Night Sew In for October

Many thanks to Wendy for inviting us to join her again - you can see what every one was working on here

A small package arrived in the post for me yesterday - this little collection that I had ordered from Euro Japan Links. I needed some new scissors and some sashiko thread (it takes dye beautifully) so I
added a couple of little extras - some needles and a white, water erasible pen to try.

The box contained these little snips


which are amazingly sharp and magic for snipping threads. I am not a fan of plastic covers so of course I needed to make a little case for them. I had an odd piece of the decorated felt I made here
which when cut in half was perfect for the job.

While I had the machine set up for this I also machined up the strips that I had cut earlier





 to make some pen holders for my Christmas gift box.

 The rest of my sewing time was spent adding a hanging sleeve to the back of a mini quilt




 and appliqueing some mini hexie flowers.





 Hope you are having a great weekend - the sun is shining here!




6 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about those snips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous goodies.First time I´ve heard about that shop.

    What´s the size of the mini hexies?They are very nice,

    Wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What clever and useful things you have made. I actually saw some sashiko thread in our local needlework shop and am very tempted to do some stitching but have to find a pattern I like, the ones in the shop were not very interesting. I like your pretty hexie colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you were happy opening that box and seeing what you ordered! I have a pair of those snips that I bought from a tiny Japanese quilting shop while living there. Good memories :-) Lovely hexies and stitching.

    Have a good week,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice little felted case you made. I have some left over pieces of felt too which I know now what to do with :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pen holders are lovely and such a great idea! I may just have to make some for Christmas gifts! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.