Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Thursday 7 September 2017

Ugly Duckling!


As part of the PPPP this year we are asked to also show a picture of our ugliest or oldest and well worn pincushions. I have something that I discovered after my original post when I was lining up my pincushions for my new header pic. So here it is.



I made this to hold my machine embroidery scissors securely in place having dropped and ruined a pair. I does the job but is not the most attractive item.


Notice the little biscornu pincushion that also missed my original post - definitely not an ugly that one!

If you have not been across to Ida's blog yet to view all the lovely pincushions in the parade then I do hope you will - you can see them here and if you have some lovlies then do share them with us yourself.

15 comments:

  1. I recently rediscovered the first pincushion I ever made - a felt one in the shape of a hedgehog - still in use in my mother's sewing drawer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a rather plain pincushion although it does serve its purpose LOL. I agree that the biscornu is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin,it is rather plain ,but as long as it works for you thats great,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. : ) :-)
    But I like the header !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric is pretty. It's the big magnet in the middle that detracts from its beauty. But as long as it functions well, that's what matters. Love your header - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! I'm agreeing with you and sew different from what we usually see here with all your lovely work! The header looks fantastic, especially with that large one there in the midst of it all. I've seen a few similar ones in the parade - I may have to go looking for a pattern for it to add to my collection for next year

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe a bit unattractive but so useful....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very useful if not attractive :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the variegated fabric is nice and it is a useful pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think it's ugly at all!! It's very functional and that's what a really good pincushion should be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very useful one I think... xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. The main thing is this is very useful to you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with everyone else, it's a very pretty biscornu, and the other one looks extremely useful.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.