Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 20 January 2018

FNSI


After a busy day out yesterday - and an exceptionally delicious lunch! - it was good to sit by the fire with some hand work in the evening. The weather here has not been good over the last week and today we have constant wind and rain - in fact I can not see across the valley at all at the moment. How the little birds manage to cling on to feed on my table I do not know!


So it was good to be working along side friends in the warm yesterday evening. Many thanks Wendy for hosting us again this year - you can see what everyone was working on by visiting Wendy's blog here.

I got out my Lily Pond crochet which I first showed you here and which I worked on while I was away over Christmas. Here is the block I made last night.


And here are all the components I have made so far.



I think I just have 8 more Lily blocks to make and then I can put it all together. I shall be taking this with me to Spain when we go next week and hopefully will come home with a finished blanket!

I am looking forward to visiting all the other FNSIers later today!

24 comments:

  1. The blanket squares look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crochet is very pretty. I look forward to seeing it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so lovely! Wow! Love that you are using different blocks. It makes it so much more interesting. Enjoy the birds. They are beautiful. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be such a lovely blanket :-)
    Enjoy your holiday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you happen to know the name of the orange bird with the white stripe on its head? I'm sorry about your gloomy weather, that can get rather old. Gosh, you've made such great progress on your crocheted blocks! I like the soft colors that you're working with.
    Take care,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crocheting is beautiful. I love to crochet and wish I had more time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your crochet blocks are beautiful, love the colours you have used. Birds amaze me in that they seem to manage with all kinds of weathers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lin that is just gorgeous, I hope you're able to soak up some sun! Enjoy your time in Spain!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely to go out and especially when the meal is exceptional!! I do love your lily blanket..... so pretty.... have a good time in Spain... will be a bit warmer I guess....

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving how these blocks are coming along Lin and the colours are working so nicely together too. Is it 5 colours? I think I need to go and have a look at that first post of yours again. What size blanket will it end up making? Enjoy Spain my friend!
    hugs Sharm

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful! Really love the soft, feminine colors that you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! Your crochet is coming along nicely and looks beautiful. I came to a grinding halt with mine😦 poor little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Lily blocks are very pretty and will make a beautiful blanket.
    Enjoy your holiday in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lily pond is looking beautiful! Can't wait till you have finished the next 8 squares.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lily pond is looking beautiful! Can't wait till you have finished the next 8 squares.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These blocks are so pretty Lin, the quilt is going to be beautiful. You make me want to pick up my crochet hook again. We are having lovely sunny weather here in Spain at the moment although the evenings are chilly. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blocks are gorgeous - I love the ones that look like lilys x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely cheerful thing to have made in the face of all that dreadful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! My crocheting skills aren't that great-I've never managed a Granny Square. I'll be anxiously awaiting the completed piece.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lin wow such beautiful work,how wonderful a trip to Spain,safe travels xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The little birds look very happy on your bird feeding table!
    Lily Pond is so pretty, and I love the colours! Just the project for that weather!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your project is lovely, the colors of the yarn are so soft and the design is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely colours! This looks like this is very intricate. I look forward to seeing the completed blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful work! A blanket made out of them all would be very pretty :D)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.